Hi!
It is now Sunday morning. I spent a number of hours writing today, and am probably close to saying what I wanted to say with the exception of the "punch line" - my precise proposals for what we need to do to save our country. I will list 10-12 very specific things (for the most part).
The only area in which I have no clear recommendation is regarding judges. I will simply comment on the absurdity and immorality of a single judge (or a small group of any number) overturning the will of the majority of the people of a state or the nation as a whole. It is an absurd proposition, and it cannot be defended in a country in which THE PEOPLE are the ultimate authority. To assign to judges either superior morality or intellect has no basis in reason, and there can certainly be no further (rational) argument in defense of a tiny fraction of the people dictating to the entire body. Only a God or his representative could or should do that.
I, for one, would never submit to such a thing. I will endeavor tomorrow to edit the book - now 49 pages - start to finish, and add my specific proposals at the end. Perhaps expanding on them can be my next book. If I am simply going to list them, with very brief comment or explanation, then I can finish quite soon - perhaps by Monday. I will then select a cover, and go and have the book printed. I will then take it to Earl Taylor, a publisher of constitutional books.
Good night!
Thomas Ballantyne
PS. I will resume working on Bart Seever's arbor no later than Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment