Hi!
Some things are a bit of a surprise. I received an email from my son-in-law today, asking me not to mention his name or that of his two sons (my grandsons) in my book. One of them is featured on the cover, and it is a "home-run" of a photo that my son-in-law took. So, I "wrote their names out of the history book" as it were. What is interesting about that is that there is a likelihood that the photo could become somewhat famous - and now, no one will even know who is in the picture! Whatever his reason for not wanting their names there - and I'm sure it's for the boys "safety" - I'm not one who believes in hiding from life. Worry is the last thing that is on my mind. I just choose not to go there...but to each his own.
I called my daughter last night, and asked her if she had seen my email. She said she had, but that she'd deleted it because she wasn't sure it was from me - my email address is ThomasMBallantyne@Gmail.com. Somehow I don't think there are too many of us with that same name. Anyway, she said she was "afraid" it might have been from someone else, so she hadn't opened it. (They've been having "virus" issues with their computer.) So, being excited because the photo of her son on the cover of my new book is outstanding, I told her "I was going to make him famous!" Sadly, some people can always find the negative in every situation.
It reminds me of Burl Ives wife in the "Ugly Bug Ball" movie (whatever the name was). Said she: "I always look for the bad in every situation, and I ain't ever been disappointed!" Meanwhile, the cover of the book is beautiful, and it will still make me famous if no one else!
So, I have made final edits to the book, and plan to take a copy to Earl Taylor tomorrow. It has been a wonderful experience writing it, and I am grateful for the inspiration and help I had while doing so! Life is good!
Good night!
Thomas "Paine" Ballantyne!
PS. I cut out all of the pieces for the two saw benches I am making today. Will put them together on Monday! Now it is time for the Sabbath - a greatly needed day of rest!!
No comments:
Post a Comment