Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 35 - First Edition

Hi!

It is now Friday, but I am posting for Thursday!  We got home from choir practice last night, and after eating (for the first time since about 3:00 or so) I watched O'Reily and when I remembered at 11:45 or so that I hadn't blogged, I realized that my computer was in the car.  I had already dressed for bed, and didn't want to go out in the front yard to get it out of the car...so here I am!

I finished reformatting the book yesterday, so that all of the page divisions were perfect, created the Table of Contents, Cover Sheet, and inserted a picture of myself ("The Author - 2008"), and then had the whole thing printed.  It looks great - even in 8 1/2 x 11 format.  It was supposed to be in half-size, but for some reason it didn't print that way, and since we were late for choir, we went with it!

Tried to find Earl Taylor's house, the publisher of The Real George Washington, etc., but somehow couldn't.  That's fine as I have another book from a very nice guy that I met on the way to the rally in DC, which I need to give to Earl as well.  I am almost finished reading it.  Well written, and very well researched.  Amazing detail. (His name is Bing Spitler, and the book is Hero of the Republic.)

So, Good "night"!

Thomas Ballantyne

PS.  "Tomorrow" I'll go back to building the Bart Seever arbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment