Evenin'!
Well, I met with Bart Seever this morning - twice - and again tonight. The first meeting was somewhat less than thrilling, as he gave me a little more specific information that he hadn't given me earlier - and which would most likely change the design. Then there was an issue about column placement and grand kids on tricycles....I basically told him they could drive around the columns...that this was art, and there were always functional trade-offs. (As I said, I was not thrilled with the way it was going!)
The second time I met with him (very briefly - between my wife's appointments) he seemed to understand basically what I indicated to him - that we could meet the specific sun angle requirement by simply lowering the side-attached brackets at the outside of the arbor.
When we met tonight I asked him what exactly he had in mind for the front arbor. I had designed one originally, and had come back this morning with a modified, but greatly improved design - within which he still didn't seem to like the column placement. It appeared to me that he had spent some time himself working all of this out, so I asked him to just show me what he had in mind. It turns out that he really hadn't worked out anything, other than to try to address the fact that he had windows on opposite sides of the porch that didn't line up from one side to the other.
I told him that putting the columns right up against the windows would look like we had made a mistake. When he suggested that we just put one of the columns on one side out of line with the corresponding column on the other side, I told him that would really make it look like we didn't know what we were doing. He seemed to understand that.
When he told me that I had plenty of time, I informed him that we really didn't; that I needed to move forward. I told him that I hadn't eaten all day, and he told me that I should go home and eat. I told him that it was because I was out of money.
Finally he said that he thought he wanted to go ahead and do the front arbor first. I asked him if he was confident that the Home Owners' Association would approve the design, and he said he wanted to print out a few renderings and take them to the president of the HOA. So I am going to meet with him in the morning, and we're going to hook up my computer to his printer - if possible. I explained that I wanted to go ahead and agree on a price and get some money from him so I can go and buy the materials and start fabricating.
I'm confident that we will get it all resolved tomorrow!
Life is good!
Good night!
Mr. Wright
PS. We settled our account with our attorney for some $5,700 that we owed him. I gave him my vintage Gibson 330 Thin-Body Electric (Sunburst) Guitar, and he accepted it as payment in full. So, for the most part we are debt free. We are very grateful to have this obligation satisfied - very grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment