Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 15 - Things Progress....

Hey!

It is actually Saturday morning - in other words, past midnight on "Friday."  I just finished drawing about 15 minutes ago, so it was a lengthy day.  We went to the gym for the first time this morning - the first time since rejoining two days ago.  Going to the gym has been a big part of my life for the past 15 years or so.  We've missed most of the last 15 months due to finances.  We got a 3 month membership at Christmas, but hadn't worked out for the past 4-5 months.  So it was great to get back.  I did legs today.  We'll go MWF mornings.

I stopped by to see Bart Seever, my client, on the way home from the gym.  He informed me that he wanted to do a gazebo in the back yard at the current location of a tiered fountain.  He plans to replace it with a table, in order to create an outdoor dining area.  I had shown a gazebo at that location in plan on the model I built of his house and back yard, and apparently he liked the idea.  So, now that we are doing the front arbor-pavilion, we very well could end up doing everything that I have designed for him - a total of some five arbors of various different configurations, all fairly unique.  Quite unique, in fact.

So, things are progressing.  I spent the afternoon building several models of the gazebo.  The first one was similar to something I had seen in a gazebo book, but it just didn't fit.  What I have now should be very nice.  I got the basic structure together this afternoon and evening, but will have to add the various Gothic brackets, and finial, etc.  It should be great...and I am grateful!

Good night!

Mr. Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment