Hey!
Ten 6x6x8' Select Douglas Fir Columns were delivered to my (Adam and Hydee's - and Jodee's) house this morning. For financial reasons Jan and I are living with our daughter Jodee, and her three children, Kylee - age 9, Micah - Age 6, and Boone - Age 4 (almost 5). We have been with them now for nearly 15 months - since the first week of July of 2009. We didn't expect to be here this long, but I have done but one architectural project in all of that time - other than the arbor I designed and built for Adam starting in June.
Anyway, I started shaping the columns this afternoon. I was excited to see that my somewhat lightweight Ryobi table saw was able to cut the massive columns on a bevel. I was unable to finish the first cut, however, as I need some kind of table or support on both sides of the saw to both feed and receive the 8' columns as they pass through the blade. May have to build a table - at least on the receiving side. I moved my work bench over to the feeding side, so it should be sufficient. I must also purchase or otherwise acquire a 12" Mitre Saw. The one I want is $450 plus tax. I'll probably go ahead and get it. I'll also need a band saw at some point, and that will cost at least that much for one large enough to do the job. We'll see!
So, it is bed time. I worked on my book more today, and essentially finished Chapter I. It is seven 8 1/2 x 11 pages, single spaced. That is probably 10-15 pages in a smaller format. I have already some 20+ index cards with notes on both sides, so I will probably have another l0-15 large pages, or 15-30 smaller ones; making the book 25-45 pages long - depending on the actual page size. That should be about right. I want it to be about the same size as Thomas Paine's Common Sense.
Will arise at 4:00 in the morning, so it's time to go!
Good night!
Mr. Wright
No comments:
Post a Comment