Howdy! Wow! It's great to do what I love to do! I spent a few hours today building a Gothic bench, and a Gothic wall fountain for the Bart (and Janice) Seever front porch and arbor. I then spent 3-4 hours working on the back or rear of the model of their house, so I can start tomorrow to actually build the 3 or 4 models of the various arbors I am proposing for their back yard. I am certain that these will be stunning - as is the front design. (I'm a bit biased, but I'd better believe that my work is good. If not, then I'm clearly doing the wrong thing!)
Ironically, the house itself, although somewhat generic in its style, looks great in model form. The one design element, the cornice, is nicely detailed on the model, and the contrasting color makes it really jump out. So, the rear arbors will look great up against the actual house.
As a footnote....When I guessed at the dimensions of the front of the home, and built the model accordingly, I had only measured the porch itself, where the front arbor would be placed. On the rear, however, I measured the entire width of the house. When I overlayed the rear plan - that I made from my measurements - on the whole house model created from photographs, I found that I was only off by 3" over a 65'-6" width. Not bad.
I should finish one or more of the rear arbor models tomorrow. I am excited at how well this is turning out. I hope Bart will be as well!
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment