Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 9 - The First Two Phases of Project 2 Are Completed....

Well,

It's actually Sunday, 12 September, but I am posting for yesterday, Day 9.  Jan and I were babysitting for our youngest son, Nick, and his wife, Natalie, and I was unable to get on-line.  Hence I am posting today (for yesterday).

I started drawing (3d modeling) at about 3:30, and finished right about 9:00 last night.  In that time I finished Phase II of the rear arbor for Bart (and Janice) Seever.  As I was showing Jan the slides I had just created of the arbor standing next to their house, the slides for Phase I appeared.  Interestingly, while I thought Phase I looked great when I finished it on Friday, after seeing both Phases I and II together, Phase I looked very plain.

So, the idea came to me to show Bart the two completed phases together, and then show him Phase I by itself.  I am confident that once he has seen the two together he will want to have both.  The size of the two phases is some 2 1/2 times that of Arbor 1, which I built for Bart's son Adam - 30' compared with 12' - so it should cost about 3 times as much.  (I would say 2 1/2 times as much, but it is a bit fancier, with nearly 3 times as many columns (22 vs. 8) and more than 3 times as many brackets (40+ vs. 12).  I will present it to Bart on Monday.

Life is good!

Master Builder

No comments:

Post a Comment