I wish to say once more that I am thrilled with the idea that I have embarked upon a path - the path - that will lead me to my ultimate goals and desires. In a few words, those are as follows:
- The School - To have a company that is also a school for Master Builders. All who work for or with me will be in training - as I will be - to become an expert in both design and construction. I intend to create and formalize both the role and the certification of Master Builder. The company may or may not be a school in the strict sense of the word, although it may well become that. In any case, I plan to continue learning myself, and teaching (as well as learning from) all who work in our company.
- The Jewel - We will complete the development of The Jewel, a system of component construction. We will both patent it and manufacture it, as well as install it. While it will represent state-of-the-art technology - cutting edge, actually - it will also incorporate the finest of historic residential design. (We may adopt it for use in commercial buildings at some point, but my primary interest for now is in residential architecture.)
- The Tool - We will use parametric modeling (as well as physical models) for purposes of design, presentation, structural and environmental analysis, estimating, scheduling, and manufacturing. In other words, we will bring the computer into full force in the world of construction, revolutionizing the way in which we not only design, but construct buildings - fully integrating the design and construction (manufacturing) processes, as well as those of presenting and selling our designs.
- The Place - We will do all of this in a place that is represents the highest ideal of what we believe. It will integrate the beauty of the creations of both man and nature. We will not only design build every building in which we work and celebrate life, but every new design will be prototyped in both scale models and full-scale in our facilities. (We may do the actual manufacturing somewhere else.)
Seacrest out!
No comments:
Post a Comment