Good morning, America! It is 9:05 Arizona Standard Time (Mountain Standard Time minus Daylight Savings), and, yes, this is the beginning. I could say that the beginning was Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, the day I designed Arbor I for my son-in-law Adam Seever; or, Wednesday, 9 June, the day I picked up the check to start the project....
Friday, 14 May, was the 100th day from the beginning of my previous blog. It was also the day that I completed the virtual (computer) model of the Rosson House in downtown Phoenix. (Interestingly, I can't at this moment remember the name of the blog, and therefore don't know how to access it for now.) The bottom line is that I started it the day I began building the Rosson model, and kept it up for the most part every day but Sunday for the entire period. (I also blogged on Sunday occasionally, on a more spiritual note.)
The purpose of the previous blog was to track where that project lead . . . and, hopefully, how it would result in my getting my life on track. Given that on Sunday, 18 April (I believe), I learned that my son-in-law Adam wanted to have an arbor built for his patio - and I immediately told him that I would do it (he had asked if I knew a metal fabricator who could do it) - it would appear that I "happened upon" the means of my temporal and professional "salvation" some ten weeks into the Rosson project.
It was also about this time that I decided to pay some $500 tithing in advance of receiving the income - $5,000. (I actually did so on 14 May.) I didn't make that much on the first arbor - I probably made no more than $1,400 (for 3 1/2 months work!) - but I was able to buy a goodly percentage of the basic tools I need, and get a completed project to show others. As it turns out, the day I finished, Adam's next-door neighbor and father, Bart (Seever), told me he wanted me to do one or more for him.
So, that is where I am. I designed one for his front porch last week. He liked it, but wanted to start in the back. (After telling me he wanted one in the front, he came back a few days later and said that his wife, Janice, didn't want one in the front. I had already designed one in my head, however, so I went ahead and modeled it (and his house), and showed it to him last Wednesday (24 August). He said he liked it, but wanted to move the columns closer to the wall, and basically hold off until we got something done in the rear of the house. So I have designed three interlocking arbors (that can be completed in phases), as well as a fourth (in my head, at this point). I will model these today and tomorrow, so we can get started next week.
Bottom line: I am now on the road that will lead to the future I have planned and envisioned, and I believe that this direction resulted from my decision to focus on doing historic architecture - as well as my follow through in completing the Rosson House model. I am convinced that I am now on the road that will lead to both The School and The Jewel. More on that in my next post.
Meanwhile, life is good, and I am thrilled to be on the path that I have been seeking for the past 30 years or more! This is definitely the beginning of the fulfillment of my dreams! Stay tuned, and watch the entire vision unfold. In my next post I will lay out my goals and current plan.
TMB (Thomas M. Ballantyne) - The Master Builder!
No comments:
Post a Comment